Generation Hope surrounds motivated teen parents and their children with the mentors, emotional support, and financial resources that they need to thrive in college and kindergarten, thereby driving a two-generation solution to poverty.
Currently, we are serving over 100 young parents in our Scholar program as well as up to 300 expecting and parenting high school students annually through our outreach work.
A college tuition scholarship: $1,200/year for a 2-year college $2,400/year for a 4-year college
A mentor who supports them you through graduation, and a Hope Coach to help connect to resources
Access to crisis assistance and emergency funding (up to $1,000)
Opportunities for career development
Mental Health, tutoring, and life skills support
Wish Lists, holiday gifts, social activities, and more!
●Teen parent--moms and dads (pregnant or expecting at 19 or younger)
● 25 or younger at the time of application
● Attending, or planning to attend, a nonprofit 2 or 4 year college in the DC metro region (living within ~50 miles of DC) and planning to take at least 6 credits per semester
● US citizen, permanent legal resident, DACA status, or another visa that provides in-state tuition and work eligibility (U-Visa, T-Visa, etc)
• Application opens annually:
December 1 – April 1 (bit.ly/GHScholar)
• Application requirements:
• One recommendation
• Proof of FAFSA submission
• Transcript (does not have to be official)
• Open to both high school diplomas and GED certificates
• Proof of identity
• Once application is received, Generation Hope
will reach out to schedule interview
• Applicants are notified in June and program begins in July